Thursday, August 09, 2007

15 Months and 30 Years??


Well I guess it had to happen, whether I wanted it to or not...I didn't like the other option. So I turned 30 years old....BLAH!!! And my baby boy turned 15 months old. I'm sure to my mother and father I was 15 months old just yesterday, because the first 15 months of Grayson's life has gone by in a blink!

So, for the Big 30 we decided to head south and invade Las Vegas. Having a real fun time with friends and family in tow, thanks again to everyone that came down and helped to make my 30th birthday one I'll never forget!

We headed down to Vegas driving from Portland stopping at Lake Shasta in California for the first night. With Aunt Linda in the car with us Grayson was a Joy and having a blast playing for the 6.5 hour car ride. We pulled an 8.5 to 9 hour day in the car the second day and made it to Barstow just about 2 hours outside of Vegas. Everyone else flew in from as far away as Florida. (We had Mamaw Osborne there to baby-sit all the young ones while the semi-adults headed out on the town at night!) Thanks again Mom! You were a HUGE help!!

After all the birthday fun was over Mel, Grayson and I decided to take another week getting back home and head through The Grand Canyon and Yosemite National park. Two of the most beautiful places I believe on this earth. I highly recommend going there if you have never visited before. Although, next time, we want to do more hiking and camping "WITHIN" the parks, off the beaten paths.

Grayson endured a 2805 mile car trip that lasted about 12 days, and he did Awesome!!


Grayson Dean never stops nowadays. He is constantly going, learning and growing right before our eyes. I think that he picked up 5 to 10 words on the trip. It's amazing to watch a child learn the use of speech and language. The summer is far from over for him, with another trip in 2 weeks back up to Canada for "THE BIG RACE"

That’s right, Ironman Canada is the 26th of this month only 16 days from today!! I'm scared and nervous and excited all at once. I know I'll do my best and that is all I can do. Seems that sums up how I really go about life now days.

After the trip to Canada, Granmam and Grandpoo Rigsby head back out to Oregon, (their second trip this summer) to watch Grayson when we head back to Vegas for Mel's softball World Championships!! They are defending Champions if you didn't know.

Mamaw and Papaw Rigsby came out earlier this summer, the first of July. We went and did some sightseeing here in Portland and up to Mt. St. Helens. I think they really enjoyed seeing Grayson and teaching him to say "BASKETBALL". Yea he says it non stop all the time. Aunt Linda shot a video of him saying "BASKETBALL" I'll post a link...

Anyway, I just thought I'd catch everyone up with what has been going on here in the PNW. I hope everyone has a wonderful summer and are headed for an even better fall and winter to cap off the year! Hope to see everyone sooner than later.

So Long,

Brad Mel and Grayson.

Pictures HERE

I don't have the pictures of Mamaw and Papaw Rigsby's visit up yet but I'll Post a link tonight to those pictures...there are some good ones!!

Here is the Famous "BASKETBALL" video

No comments: